Our publication rules are a set of rules of conduct and courtesy that govern Internet behaviour. Loto-Québec believes that interaction on its social media platforms, including those of its subsidiaries, must be respectful and polite in addition to complying with the Corporation’s Policy Concerning Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information. Here are the publication rules that apply to this website:
- Questions must relate to participation in games of chance (gambling habits, risks, strategies, help, etc.). We will not answer marketing questions about Loto Québec products. Other platforms are available for that purpose. You can contact our customer service by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to all relevant questions, but reserve the right not to post them all.
- We answer all questions asked, but we reserve the right to not post every one of them.
- Questions that do not comply with our rules of conduct and courtesy will not be posted.
- Questions are usually answered within 48 hours (business days).
- Any reply Loto-Québec may provide to users is valid on the date said reply is posted. Therefore, users should not apply a previous reply to current or future situations.
- Loto-Québec platforms are open to individuals of any gender, race, religion, ethnic origin and sexual orientation.
- Loto-Québec requires all interaction on its platforms to be respectful, harmonious and courteous. Users may voice disagreement with an idea, but must respect other users and employees of the Corporation. Insults, threats or harassment of other users or employees is prohibited. Moreover, defamatory, indecent, hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, disgraceful, vulgar and any other type of violent language will not be tolerated.
- Loto-Québec encourages the exchange of opinions and points of view among users in its platforms, as long as these exchanges are not private conversations among two or more users.
- Repetitive messages are not permitted on Loto-Québec platforms because they hinder the free and open exchange of information.
- The use of capital letters in messages is prohibited as it is associated with shouting and may be interpreted as a display of aggressiveness. Special characters should also be avoided (e.g., !!!!###***!) since they can be interpreted in different ways.
- Text, photo, video and other content posted on Loto-Québec platforms must comply with intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark ownership. Moreover, users must obtain the consent of any individual named in their content before posting it.
- Loto-Québec takes the matter of responsible gambling and healthy gambling behaviour seriously. Trivializing this subject will not be tolerated on Loto-Québec platforms.
- Interaction on Loto-Québec platforms is not anonymous. All users can browse these social media platforms without necessarily having their own profile. As well, a user request to remove a post from the Web will not necessarily be granted. Search engines reference comments on social media even after they have been deleted. Users are thus reminded of the importance of reflecting on their comments before posting them.
- Loto-Québec reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time without prior notice.
Users may report abuse by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.